Saturday, November 14, 2009

Little Giblet 1K in Maumelle

Race morning...ready with my running suit and breakfast of champions...Cheerios, of course!

Mommy ran the Great Gobbler 5K first...

...and then it was time for my race.  Here Daddy is putting on my race number.

See?!

My buddy Jax raced with me.

At the start line

Heading into the finish.  Mommy and Daddy were proud of me--I only wandered off the path one time! 

I finished full speed ahead!!  Daddy got to carry the tomahawk into the finish.

The start of my medal collection.  I'll have to keep mine right next to Daddy's!

What a great first race!!!!!

Afterwards, we went over to the playground, which is what I had really wanted to do all morning.  First time on the monkey bars, or "train tracks" as I prefer to call them.

Mommy has FINALLY stopped standing under me as I go up the rainbow ladder.  It was sooo embarrassing!

Just bein' cute

Since I'm getting so big, I decided to try the big boy swings.

Look!!  I could do it all by myself!

What a fun morning of firsts!!