Wednesday, August 5, 2009

At Poppy & Grandma's in Solon, OH

I'm off to Ohio in Poppy and Grandma's car. I went the week before the rest of my fam. We drove through the night, so I have all my bedtime favorites!
Here's Brooklyn the next week. She drove through the night too. This was her first stop...she made it all the way to Southern Ohio! She looks pretty good for a night on the road!Here's the big reunion with Mommy & Daddy!
We were so happy to be together again!

Poppy made some updates and safety enhancements to my dad's old fort. Here we are at the tippy-top.
And on the bridge
And in the swing (not sure what's up with the face)
And on the slide.
The next day, Poppy and Daddy went to see Tiger Woods at a golf tournament, and Grandma and Mommy took us to the Aurora Farms Outlet Mall. There was a duck pond with ducks and geese EVERYWHERE!
Brooklyn was really funny in her stroller. She sat very upright. What great posture!
There was a playground for me to play in while Mommy shopped. Perfect!
Grandma had been Craigslisting before we arrived and had tons of perfect toys for us. This was Brooklyn's favorite. She misses it now that we are home.
Two peas in a pod lovin' their ice cream! The weather was so beautiful while we were there that we ate a bunch of meals outside!
We spent as much time outside as we could while away from the Arkansas heat.
There was a ton to explore around the house. Check out these action photos!
I helped Poppy mow 3 times while I was there!
Aunt Jessica and Uncle Dan were the next to arrive.
Then Uncle Mike and Aunt Emily made it.
Uncle Mike and I had a lot of catching up to do!
We had a big family dinner that night.
We celebrated Uncle Dan's birthday with my first Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake. Yummmm!
Here's a great photo of Daddy and his siblings.
Poppy got a new plasma TV while everyone was there. Can you tell he was a bit excited?!
We swam although it was certainly not like swimming in Arkansas. It was FREEZING. I refused to go in one time, but I was more brave the next.


Baby Brooklyn swam once, but the other time she hung out with Poppy.

Uncle Mike and Auntie Em were planning to go camping the next weekend, so I "helped" them practice pitching the tent.
Then we played in it! Mommy and Daddy offered to let them camp with me in the backyard that night, but they didn't take them up on the offer. Hmmm, I wonder why?!
It was chillish at night, so Brooklyn wore her first pair of pants!
Mommy always makes me throw in a bath picture.
Here we are on the Duke family rocking horse. Many a family member have been on it!!

They also have a rocking airplane!
Brooklyn rolled over for the first time at Poppy and Grandma's house. Here I am trying to show her how it's done!
One last photo before loading the car and heading to Green Bay. We had a fantastic time in Ohio!